Carbon Monoxide Detector
We are passionate about what we do
Talk to us. We'd like to work with you.
What is carbon monoxide
CO (carbon monoxide) is a colorless and extremely toxic gas, odorless and tasteless, which is formed as a result of combustion with a lack of oxygen.
Carbon monoxide can be released during a fire, as well as from the following sources:
Household gas appliances, including heating and water heating boilers.
Grills, wood stoves, fireplaces and other sources of fire
Motor vehicles or fuel generators.
Also, carbon monoxide can enter the room from the outside, for example, from a busy highway
The risk of carbon monoxide poisoning is much higher in rooms without fresh air, as well as in rooms with faulty ventilation or clogged chimneys.
Windy weather can lead to back draft in ventilation and chimneys, which causes combustion products to accumulate in the room.
Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning
Carbon monoxide has no smell or color - a person cannot feel it. Only specialized sensors can detect dangerous concentrations of CO in the air.
The normal concentration of carbon monoxide at home is less than 0.001% (10 ppm). A concentration higher than 0.052% (520 ppm) for two hours causes headache, dizziness, nausea, and a concentration of 0.1% (1000 ppm) leads to loss of consciousness. If the concentration of CO in the air is 0.15% (1500 ppm), a lethal outcome is possible.
How carbon monoxide spreads
Carbon monoxide is released during combustion as part of the hot gas mixture, its density is less than that of air. Therefore, CO rises and concentrates at the ceiling. In order for the sensor to detect a dangerous concentration of carbon monoxide in a timely manner, it must be installed higher.
Dangerous levels of carbon monoxide are only detected by dedicated CO detectors or combined fire detectors with CO sensors. Smoke and heat detectors do not react to carbon monoxide!